Can you share any budget or money saving tips that you find effective?
I found this very apt because of the present situation we are experiencing, not just here in the Philippines but all the over the world: food crisis, rising price of gasoline, environmental concerns, rising cases of violence among others.
On the other hand, I find this question amusing. Why? Because we have been saving, budgeting, saving, scrimping, budgeting…ok you got it, but still, no matter how much we save, nothing seems to be happening good with the budget, if there is even a budget at all.
Anyway, here are a few tips I can write about on how we try to save:
- Instead of frying the chicken pieces, cook these with vegetables and sauce, that way, we have more servings. Same goes with fish and other food products. Be a kitchen genius. There’s no need to buy expensive ingredients if one knows how to cook well. If not, learn to cook and avoid, asmuch as possible, eating out.
- Turn off all electrical appliances that are not in use.
- Buying of toys and other unnecessary things are not allowed. These unnecessary things are the trinkets, small things that become junk after a few weeks.
- Stick to the budget. The what? Yes, the budget, especially during Christmas holidays.
- Bring food to work, or in my eldest daughter’s case, bring cooked food for lunch.
- Take care of your things so these can last long.
- Eat at home before going anywhere. And when going somewhere, bring packed food and drinks.
- Ask yourself first if you really, really need a thing before purchasing. Be honest.
- Wait for your favorite items to go on sale, even if it means a loooong wait.Who knows, you might change your mind and not buy that thing anymore.
- Be simple. Feel joy and happiness without spending a dime by appreciating the wonderful things around you. In other words, walang malling, sa bahay na lang tayo.
This I can honestly say, our family can go to a mall to eat and browse, and window shop and leave the mall without spending on anything other than food, gas and parking ticket. Well, of course, that too is still spending so we would rather stay in the house or go for a nature walk.
5 Comments »